Re-Opening Soon!!

It's May 12th - one month after we moved into our new house and things are starting to feel more normal! We're getting more & more settled each day and my ETSY SHOP is going to be opening up soon! Click on my logo below and then make sure you click on the button that will notify you the MOMENT my shop re-opens :)


Thank-you SO much for your patience
as my family & I have been building our house, moving & settling in :)

Here's a quick rundown of the process:
-Summer of 2009 we realized we needed to make some big changes. With an expanding family and our growing business, our small house just wasn't working out too well anymore. We set out on an adventure to figure out a way to find a living situation that would suit our needs.

-We started building in June of 2010 (doing a lot of the work ourselves...we have a grain farm, so over the winter months my husband could dedicate nearly all his time to building our house) Months before we started building, we began collecting ideas and information in our 'house building binder' and one of the first things I did was tape some verses on the front cover of the binder. They are from Proverbs 16. We have been praying for the last few years that God gives us direction in this area of our life, and I love what these verses have to say, and how they put things into perspective:

"Mortals make elaborate plans,
but God has the last word.

Humans are satisfied with whatever looks good;
God probes for what is good.

Put God in charge of your work,
then what you've planned will take place.

We plan the way we want to live,
but only God makes us able to live it.

Make your motions and cast your votes,
but God has the final say."

-We worked through the winter, many days just dropping into bed exhausted. Yet God gave us strength and some how we had energy to keep going day after day. We also had lots of help with the girls, and many friends & family did caring, loving & kind things for us during this time.

-Late in March of 2011, I realized I was not superwoman (duh!) and I wasn't able to run my Etsy shop, finish our house, take care of our young children, and fulfill all of life's other commitments, etc. all at the same time, so I had to make the hard decision to put my Etsy shop on Vacation Mode.

-April 12th - we moved into our new house! It has been a HUGE adjustment. I don't think I was quite prepared for all of the changes, and it's been quite overwhelming. Example: our 'old' house was very small and for all of their lives, all 3 girls shared one small room. There was a lot of sleepless nights, but some how we survived and learned how to cope the best we could. Now in the 'new' house, they all have their own rooms and I had to learn how to put them to bed in 3 separate rooms. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but when ALL routines change drastically, it's a big adjustment!

SO...that brings us to today. We made sure our house has a great big workshop, and I'm excited to get back to work in the new space!! It will be quite a change from working in my dimly lit basement!! I am SO excited to start up my shop again, to create things that I love and to work with my amazing customers again!! It won't be long now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment